What We Believe
Statement of Beliefs
We believe the Bible is the innerant and inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21). This includes the sixty-six books beginning with Genesis and concluding with Revelation.
We believe there is one true God (Deut. 6:4; Mark 12:29), and that in teh unity of the Godhead there are three eternal and co-equal Persons –the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). These three are one God and have the same nature, attributes, and perfections.
- The Father is called God (Ephesians 4:6)
- The Son is called God (Isaiah 9:6, John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8)
- The Holy Spirit is called God (Acts 5:3,4)
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Who made heaven and earth.
We believe in Jesus Christ Who is the only way to eternal life (John 14:6).
- We believe that He is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16).
- We believe that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:26-38). This fact emphasizes the divinty of Christ.
- We believe that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary (Matthew 1:18-25). This fact supports the humanity of Christ.
- We believe that Jesus suffered, was crucified, died, and was buried (Matthew 27:24-61). As a sinless man (Hebrew 4:15) Jesus died for the sins of man (I Corinthians 15:3). In so doing He paid the ransom for sin (I Timothy 2:6) and, among other things, reconciled to God those who trust in Him (II Corinthians 5:18-19).
- We believe that Jesus rose again from the dead on the third day (I Corinthians 15:4), in fulfillment of His own words as in Matthew 17:22,23. The resurrection of Christ is crucial to our faith (I Corinthians 15:12-20).
- We believe that Jesus ascended into heaven forty days after His resurrection (Acts 1:2-11).
- We believe that Jesus sits at the right hand of God the Father (Hebrews 10:9-12). This fact emphasizes the completed work of Christ in taking sin away.
- We believe that Jesus will come to judge the living and the dead. He will come personally from heaven as He went into heaven (Acts 1:9-11).
- Jesus will come for His Chruch, both for the living and the dead Christians (I Thessalonians 4:13-18). Their works are judged and they receive reward or loss of reward (II Corinthians 5:10). This event is often refered to as The Rapture.
- Jesus will come and judge the righteous and the unrighteous (Matthew 35:31-46). The dead of all ages will be resurrected to face judgment (Daniel 12:2; Revelations 20:4-6,11-15). This event is often refered to as The Second Coming when Jesus will establish His kingdom upon the earth which will last 1000 years (Revelations 20:4).
- We believe that Jesus is to be Lord and Master of our lives (Matthew 22:43-45; John 20:28).
We believe in the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3). The Holy Spirit is a Person with intelligence (I Corinthians 2:10-11), emotions (Ephesians 4:30), and a will (I Corinthians 12:11). The Holy Spirit today convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; He guides the Christian into all truth; and He glorifies the Son of God (John 16:7-14).
We believe in the Holy Universal Church. The Church Universal is made up of all born again people of the generations between Pentecost (Acts 2) and the time Jesus comes for His Church (I Thessalonians 4:13-18). The Church Universal is also called the Body of Christ with Christ as the Head (Ephesians 1:22,23) and the Bride of Christ (or the Wife of the Lamb) (Revelations 19:7,8).
- We believe in the communion of the saints. All Christians should have fellowship one with another in a local church. Such fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ (I John 1:3).
- We believe in two ordinances of the Church.
- We believe that baptism is an outward declaration of what has already happened inside a person when he believes on Jesus Christ. After one has received Christ as Savior, he can and should be baptized (Romans 6:3-10).
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a memorial of Christ and His work (I Corinthians 11:23-29). Since all Christians were given the rite of the Lord’s Supper, we believe that any Christian, whether a member of this local church or not, has a right to participate, as long as he has examined himself and does not partake in an unworthy manner.
We believe in the forgiveness of sins. We believe that sin has brought death to man (Romans 5:12) and has separated man from the life given by God (Ephesians 4:18). One who does not receive eternal life will be eternally separated from God. We also believe that anybody can have his sins forgiven and receive the gift of eternal life (Romans 6:23) merely by trusting Jesus Christ to take away his sins (John 3:16). Salvation is a gift from God through faith in Christ (Ephesians 2:8,9).
We believe in the resurrection of the body.
- Christians will be resurrected (I Corinthians 15:42-54)
- The dead of all ages will be resurrected (Daniel 12:2, Revelations 20:4-6,11-15)
We believe in everlasting life through faith in Christ. (John 3:16, I John 5:11-13).